There is an adage that we grow through learning. At JCFS, we wholeheartedly agree.
We offer community education courses on a wide range of topics for those who want to enhance their understanding of issues that affect people with disabilities. The purpose of these events is to educate and inform in order to enhance understanding, empathy, service and leadership for people with disabilities, their families, and the professionals who work with them. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available for all presentations.
JCFS community education courses feature expert speakers whose teaching skills are well-suited for the adult learner.
Past topics have included:
- What is Customized Employment?
- Transportation Rights
- Disability in Mass Media and Pop Culture
- Inclusion in Faith Communities
- Promoting Healthy Sexuality for People with Disabilities
- Understanding Guardianship
- Working While Maintaining Social Security Benefits
- Sensory Issues Across the Lifespan